Friday, May 29, 2015

CHARACTER INTERVIEW - SARAH LOUISE SMITH (THE TRUTH ABOUT ELLEN)

An interview with Ellen from Sarah Louise Smith’s new chick-lit novel, The Truth About Ellen . . .


So, Ellen, tell us a bit about yourself:

I’m a “normal” British single girl. I have been single since my ex Jon turned out to be a total heart-breaker. But I’m over that, honest. I live with my cat Bob and I work in an office… I’m passionate about music, and a really big fan of rock star Jasper Ryan. He used to be in a band in the ‘90s called Four Ape. I’m sure you’ve heard of them. They were amazing. I’m 28 though, far too old to be crazy about them now, of course! But when I was a teenager, I adored them. Sigh.

I met Jasper once… but probably best not to talk about that… I promised I wouldn’t.


What does a typical week look like for you:

Work, home, work home… Every Sunday I go to my parents’ house for dinner. Mum’s annoying but I love her. I hang out with my friends and I visit my Gran a lot. She’s about to go on her own little adventure, with my help…

Life’s pretty mundane, but I get the feeling something exciting is about to happen!


Tell us about your hometown:

I live in Milton Keynes, England. It’s a modern town, and I quite like living here. I just started a new job and my friends and family are close. My house is just a small one bedroom but it’s cute. I’d like to live in the countryside one day, though.


What’s in your attic?

Lots and lots of Four Ape CD’s! I couldn’t part with them when I got my iPod. I’ve also stashed all my old photos and a bunch of books up there. I can be a bit of a hoarder.


Share a childhood memory:

When I was about 14 I had a big sleep over with a group of school friends. We were all Four Ape fans and we gathered around the TV to watch Jasper and the others… I was always attracted to him, even back then. But – like I said – I’m so over that now. I mean, we met, it was great, but we’re not in touch now. So…


Want to get to know Ellen a little better?

Book Blurb

It’s every girl’s dream to date a pop star...
 
When Ellen starts dating Tom, a member of the band she adored as a teenager, she can’t believe how lucky she is.

 
She neglects to mention that she's a huge fan because that just wouldn’t be cool, would it?

 
Ellen also keeps quiet about how she once spent an evening with Tom’s ex-bandmate/ex-best friend Jasper, her long-term celebrity crush. Tom doesn’t need to know about that, it’s all in the past.

 
That is until Tom and Jasper get back in touch… and the truth threatens to ruin everything Ellen has ever dreamed of...  


Buy The Truth About Ellen

Amazon US 

Amazon UK


About Sarah Louise Smith

Sarah Louise Smith lives in Milton Keynes, England with her husband, step-daughter, loopy golden retriever and cheeky tortie cat.

Sarah has been writing stories since she can remember and has so far completed four chick-lit novels, all published by Crooked Cat: Amy & Zach, Izzy's Cold Feet, Independent Jenny, and The Truth About Ellen.

Connect with Sarah

Website

Twitter

Facebook

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic interview! I want to read this! :) I had a job interview in Milton Keynes once . . .

    ReplyDelete